Travel Diary // Houston

Wednesday, August 27th

Today we had a 7:00am practice and then headed to the airport for our straight through flight to Houston, Texas. It was really interesting seeing people's expressions in the airport when my whole team rolled up dressed in our matching travel gear. Many people wished us luck and asked who we would be playing and related questions. I did pretty well on the flight here (I have some bad history of air plane anxiety) and then we went to one of the best BBQ joints I have ever been to. We spent most of the day traveling so I don't have much to update you on about today but there will for sure be more activity happening tomorrow.



Thursday, August 28th


Woke up pretty early today for an AM practice.



After we showered up and had lunch we went off to the Museum District.





We spent our time at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. This place was definitely right up my alley. Im a total nerd when it comes to science so I found the exhibits fascinating. A few highlights for me were the dinosaur and prehistoric life exhibits, the Africa exhibit, the ancient Egyptian exhibit and the live butterfly walk through museum.

















Outside the historic square was beautiful and I couldn't leave before making sure I got a group shot.



We had dinner at a beautiful local Mexican restaurant with some of the best burritos I've tasted in my life. Taco Bell aint shi----.

We are resting up tonight to prepare for game day tomorrow.

Friday, August 29th

First GAME DAY of my college career. I spent it on the bench but thats totally okay. We didn't pull out with the win but there are changes on the way that are gonna turn things around for the better. Im ready for our double header games tomorrow.

Saturday, August 30th

We played two games today, which we lost but its okay because we made mistakes that won't be to difficult to fix. Excited to fly home tomorrow!

Sunday, August 31st

Woke up at 6:30 am and took a flight home! So happy to be back in the West Coast.





0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Meet The Author

My name is Kelechi, call me Kel. I am a university division 1 student athlete, avid fashionista, beauty lover, and life learner. I started this blog as a creative outlet.